Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We planned to EC before our dd was born, but the first couple months have been kind of hectic for us as first time parents, so we didn't start early as hoped. We always cue her when she is pooping (those are easy to spot coming!) with "caca." I often help her with her poos by sitting her in a good position for it, but she sometimes takes a long time to go from first signal to pooping. We cue her with "psss" for pees when we notice them - usually during a diaper change. So far we've had a very difficult time figuring out what her pee signals are. We want to start trying to catch poos at least. I'm not sure our cuing has sunk in so that she's making the association. How can I tell? She's a very active baby who needs a lot of stimulation, and I don't see her taking kindly to being held over the sink for minutes on end. Any suggestions for how to approach all this with a sort of fussy, active baby? What should be our next step to start trying to catch some poos?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Babywearing is very valuable for noticing the elimination signals. Timing also helps alot for catching the waking pees. Time, patience and consistency will help both of you learn the system.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i'm completely new at this too (although i did catch like 7 pees and a poop today!!) but i notice that she likes it and is more into it if i hold her in front of the mirror (sink-- now i'm putting one over the toilet too) and we talk and smile and make faces, and if she doesn't have to go she won't and she'll get restless sooner than if she does have to (i think).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts