Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I wish I could vent every day.

He pays child support, I'll give him that. But he's about to lose his job, so I have to say "for now."

He hasn't come for visitation in 2 months (instead of every other weekend), and after getting confirmation last night that he's coming this weekend, he calls 2 hours after he was supposed to be here to say that he'll be here in 3 hours. So yeah, he'll be five hours late, and the kids are so disappointed.

My kids deserve better. And I'd call him all kinds of names here if MDC wasn't so heavily moderated.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm so sorry! Definitely his loss. I telepathically heard all the names you were calling him in your head, so we got around moderation ...

I live in fear that x will lose his jobs ... he has two part time waiter jobs and has been known to quit good jobs for stupid reasons. The only way he could get fired is if he does something really irresponsible ... oh wait - that's his middle name. It's hard depending financially on someone who's undependable. I can't wait until I'm done with school and can support us - using his CS just for college savings or extra activities.

I also live in fear (as I write this, I realize that "living in fear" doesn't sound that healthy ...) that his devotion and frequent visits to DD will taper off as she gets older. Right now, visitation means playing with her at home, taking her on walks to the park where everyone moons over her, and taking us out to lunch (where everyone admires what a "good" dad he is). I wonder if he'll love visitation so much when it means making sure her homework is done, pulling together a healthy meal, getting her to bed, staying with her instead of going out with his friends, and getting her up and to school at 8am?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
I wonder if he'll love visitation so much when it means making sure her homework is done, pulling together a healthy meal, getting her to bed, staying with her instead of going out with his friends, and getting her up and to school at 8am?
That's a valid concern for sure. I know with my x, he's not as chipper about it as he used to be when our dds were toddlers. Now that they're in preschool, visitation involves potty training one, making "grownup" meals, packing school lunches, answering endless questions, etc. - it's no longer just about playing with and showing off babies. So far he's never missed a visit or been very late, but I definitely see reality setting in.

MaWhit, I'm really sorry their dad is disappointing them, and you, like that. That is a huge drag! Not only for the kids but because you're not getting a little break/help either. I love my kids to pieces but I sure look forward to having those few hours to myself each week! Two months without has gotta be so hard. I hope he comes to his senses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.