Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its been over a week now. I have had plenty of pain but yesterday and today as I was doing the dishes I started having a lot more pain. I actually took a percocet yesterday and today, which I haven't taken since the 1st day. I don't think I did a bunch extra but we did go out for breakfast. The pain is really a deep achy pain. Anybody with any experience with this would be helpful. I don't know if I should call my MW or if this totally normal.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Whenever in doubt, call your midwife! I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
It could be a couple of very normal things, but you should still call your midwife.<br><br>
1. It could be pressure from a full bladder, a full bowel, or an unusually firm bowel movement. The worst pain my 2nd degree tear gave me was while pooping, especially if the poo was firm. Take a laxative or work on increasing your fiber/water intake.<br><br>
2. You could be mistaking afterpains for tear pain. A deep achey feeling might be your uterus contracting. The worst afterpains are brought on while nursing, or when you have a full bladder or full bowel.<br><br>
Have you been taking sitz baths? They help the blood circulate in the area of the tear, and tears heal up SO SO SO Much faster that way! If your midwife didn't give you a portable toilet sitz bath, you can buy them at drug stores. WORTH IT!!!! Also, try putting a topical pain relief on the stitches (like the Neosporin + Pain Relief product).<br><br>
Call your midwife, though--don't want to miss something that could be serious!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts