Mothering Forum banner

2 mo dd w/ circumoral cyanosis

3146 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  perl
Hello,
My 2 mo old has had recurring circumoral cyanosis. I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with this. For some reason, I haven't worried about it, and only mentioned it to our ped at our 2 mo visit. Now I'm starting to worry. Has anyone had this with their dc?
Thanks,
Colleen
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
DS had this, along with acrocyanosis, which IMO looked pretty bad. We have photos of him with purple arms! He's been checked at every well child visit, and I totally trust that our Dr checked him out for murmurs, etc. It's just that very young children's circulatory systems are still immature, and blood is centered around the vital organs rather than on the periphery (arms & legs). It's also more apparent in kids with pale skin. Of course if you are worried, mention it to the doc so he/she can do a thorough cardiac exam, but it's probably nothing to worry about. FWIW DS is now almost 2 and I can still see blueness around his mouth in certain light when he's cold, but he's as healthy as a horse! Good luck and keep us posted!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.