Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I have a two month old daughter who sleeps with us.  When we're at home she can nap during the day by herself, usually I put her in the living room and I putter around or I let her sleep in my arms.  If we go visit friends for dinner/evening she will fall asleep fine in my arms, but if we try to put her down at all near us she wakes up immediately and won't fall asleep again unless she is in my arms, and it's almost instantaneous.  Is this because we are out somewhere unfamiliar?  Last night I ended up just holding her for the rest of the night while she slept and we played boardgames (which got rowdy and she slept right through the noise).  Will she get better at being able to relax when out?  My husband says it is because I hold her too much, but I disagree.  I think she is an introvert and gets really stimulated by lots of noise and people (our friends have a loud 2 yr old and a 3 mth old), so maybe she was just too stressed to settle down???? I don't want to feel as though I can't take her out for visits....</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts