Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got these today, so we haven't actually done any of the activities yet
but these books looked good and I thought I'd pass along the titles. They're for younger kids, 3-7 (roughly).

Play and Find Out about Science: Easy Experiments for Young Children, by Janice VanCleave

Apples, Bubbles, and Crystals: Your Science ABCs, by Andrea T. Bennett and James H. Kessler

A friend and I are planning on getting our DDs together now and then so that we can have more than one experiment and one set of results, to add to the experience.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We did try out 3 or 4 of the experiemtns this weekend. They were out of the Play and Find Out about Science book. One was kind of a dud but the rest were good! I think they'll provide many activities and a nice introduction to many scientific topics. My thinking is that at this age, she isn't going to necessarily learn a greta deal, but if I can introduce concepts and vocabulary to her, she'll have some "prior knowledge" to hang later information from. And, they're fun activities to do!
Most of them seem to only require things that we pretty much have around the house, which is nice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.