Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get a comparison here--my second daughter makes about 6-8 poopy diapers a night, which seems to be more than dd #1. Funny that I can't remember any more-does that sound excessive?

I'm so tired from changing diapers in the middle of the night!

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
I have changed 2 diapers in the last 2.5 weeks that haven't had poop in them, so it seems ok to me. As far as that many at night, are you changing her that often because she is awake that often? With ds when he'd wake up we'd change him, I'd nurse, he'd poop we'd change again, but then he'd need to nurse to sleep again, and the cycle kept on going. With dd, if she's asleep and doesn't seem uncomfortable, I just leave her alone (at night that is) I don't see the point in changing if she is asleep.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding & giving me a yardstick-yep, I change her even when she's asleep. She started to get a rash if I let her go without changing a couple of times.

·
Registered
132 Posts
he, he...I used to call my daughter a "super duper pooper"...she was 8-10 a day for a long time...even though they say that breastfed babies don't poop as much because breastmilk is mostly absorbed by the body. Shewas up every 2 hours at night and it was at least a month that I changed quite few few poopy diapers at night. Luckily that tapers off and they do most of their poops during the day. She is 10 months old now and still poops 1-3 times per day. Of course, evbery baby is different.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Ds#1 only pooped a lot the first few weeks. Then he'd poop once every 10-14 days. Ds#2 has always been a super pooper. Ds#2 also pooped up his back quite a bit. I usually changed his clothes 2-3 times a day when he was an infant.

·
Registered
323 Posts
My dd has ALWAYS been a big pooper. I was really worried at first, but after a while, I just realized that all her plumbing was working properly and this was normal for her. She's still a great pooper at 16 months and thankfully we've never had a problem with constipation!

F.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
This topic is right up my alley....DS # 2 will poop, I will change him and start walking out of his nursery and he'll poop again before I'm out the door. Then I stop, go back, change him again, and am into the hallway and oopsie....yes you guessed it...he'll go AGAIN! I've learned to just wait a few minutes befoe I run to change him!

I have to be really vigilant bcause he's got a diaper rash from hell right now, so I end up waking him up to change him if he's soiled or wet. It sucks, because I think Hayden will be a good sleeper, but having to wake him up all the time really has done a sleep deprivation number on us.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Oh yes
, I can Soooooooooooo relate! My darling boy pooped after EVERY nursing until he was over 5 months old !!! HE nursed every 1 &1/2 hrs during the day and every 3 hrs at night. We were ALWAYS changing poopy diapers. I remember being shocked one day when I changed him and there wasn't any yellow poo in there!

At almost 14 months he still goes 2-4 times a day. As Fleurette said, the plumbing is DEFINATELY working

Between 4-6 months he started nursing, and therefore pooping, less at night, so he'd only go thru 1-2 dipes at night. BE the time he was 7 months, he'd quit pooping at night, so we quit changing him at night. So, it doesn't last forever. Hang in there Mama!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.