Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS is 2 weeks and I REALLY want to exercise my midwife wants me to wait until 6 weeks to begin really exercising but is there anything I can begin now?<br><br>
cross posted sorry!

·
Registered
823 Posts
My mid-wife told me no cardiovascular exercise (no working up a sweat) but that I could do a small amount of stomach crunches and leg lifts and of course kegals. I however had to quit the stomach crunches because I had a section and my incision started to come open again....so, if anyone reading this had a section, be careful if you do crunches!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I think one of the loveliest ways to spend time with baby and exercise is to walk together. check with your midwife. if you are feeling up for it, and if you are comfortable wearing a sling, this is great exercise. if you need to feel like you are doing more work, concentrate on keeping good posture. I found that was really important to counter the breastfeeding slouch!<br><br>
also, if your delivery went smoothly, I would see what your midwife thinks about simple pelvic tilts. they can make the lower back feel good and stronger, and start strenghtening the hip area. they are good to accompany kegels too.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Walking! Kangamitroo's idea of slinging the baby for a walk is a good one. Put on some music on your headphones, if you want.<br><br>
Walking is such good exercise.. people discount it because it isn't "hard" but it's such a benefit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts