Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm already going to ask him about DS's walking (he walks on tippy toes) and if there is anything like a tight muscle or something going on.

I'm also addressing his loose BM's. Some days they are formed, other days it is not and I don't know if it is an allergy or not- I've already tried eliminating things for weeks at a time with no change.

I'm asking about his bad eating habits (not eating anything it seems) compared to what he used to.

Hmmm.. what else?

what about a lead level? He's never had that.. Do they do bloodwork at that appt?

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
I believe they checked my DS's lead levels at his 2 yo appointment. But his were high at a few earlier appts, so that might be why. One thing that they checked that I wasn't expecting was his vitamin D level, which came back *really* low. We live pretty far north so DS didn't get a lot of exposure to sunlight over the winter. Apparently it is something that our ped sees often.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I am totally NOT trying to freak you out but toe walking can be a sign of autism spectrum disorder (ASD). See post 12 for more info:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=742505

also the fact that he is having intestinal issues (because of the poop) and ASD kids do have a lot of food/diet issues.

It could be something totally different, but keep this in mind and check into it some more. Does he crave and only eat certain foods, like wheat or dairy?

If it is a simple muscle issue, i'm sure a physical therapist can help with that. But if it is a simple muscle issue and nothing else, what could have caused it? Would be good to find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.