Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! My very strong-willed 27 month old DD has started biting more often while nursing. It's often when I'm trying to nurse her down for a nap, which she resists but clearly needs most days.<br><br>
She laughs when I yelp and then cries when I cut her off until I eventually give in again. Today she actually drew blood and my nipple is still throbbing. Today I reflexively slapped her cheek to get her to unclench her bite, and of course I feel rotten about that.<br><br>
Any advice?

·
Registered
59 Posts
No advice, but my almost 11 month old is doing the same thing! Laughing at me! I pull her off, sit her aside, and say "no biting," but I gave in when she did her half-cry. My mom suggested to just walk out of the room so she knows I don't like it, and that means nursing-time is over for now. I may try that next time...<br><br>
I feel your pain!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My dd does it too.... I generally say, "No, that hurts mama" very seriously and then make kind of a show of covering myself up so she can't get back to the nipple for a few minutes. She seems to get it now. I try to be as calm and matter of fact about it as possible, which seems to help- crying and all that just makes her laugh. But sometimes you just can't help it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts