Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and it's only May!!!<br><br>
DS had a fever last week of 102.3. He was fine one second aside from the fever then covered in a rash the next. At first we thought it was bug bites since he'd been in the sandbox, but other son had no bites and he was in the sandbox too. Then we noticed his "bites" were rapidly multiplying as he sat on my lap. We wondered if the fever was causing the rash or the other way around. We went outside where it was just starting to cool down in the evening and suddenly the rash disappeared, so we decided it was just a heat rash. This happened again twice more during the next 2 days when he had the fever. Then 2 days ago it happened again when he had no fever and again last night with no fever. He'd just gone to bed about 30 minutes before and was screaming and screaming. I went up to see him and discovered he was covered in bumps/rash again and very itchy. I put a fan in his room, opened his windows and put a cool cloth on his forehead. He went straight back to sleep and the rash went away shortly after.<br><br>
Is this normal???? It seems strange to me.

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
No answers here but it is happening here as well. My 5 m.o. had a slight fever this weekend, fever went away now everytime it gets hot she breaks out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts