Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been 2 years since ex has seen the children. We had a little celebration dinner last night - just me and my 3 babies. We talked about how it is okay to be mad/sad/glad about something all at the same time. It was very mellow. My youngest doesn't even remember his name or what he looked like. It is for the best and i think we are finally not watching behind ourselves at every turn.

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
wow, I can't believe after all his insanity, he's just let that time pass.

How lovely to have that much peace away from him. May it continue indefinitely :thumb

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - it never was about the kids it was totally about hurting me in any way possible. Even before that he had stopped all overnights and only took visitation once a week for dinner because he HAD TO because i had a class. He had also asked not to have them on his holidays (he was supposed to have thanksgiving and xmas and he was invited to halloween too) He took his gf and her kids to visit his parents over the holiday - his parents who had only met my youngest once. It was heading that way, it just got accelerated.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did find out that they are still in town. In court his atty tried to gain sympathy by saying ex's dad was in poor health and they would be moving to their state to be with his dad. Nope. Found out that he took his wife to my chiro last month. Creepy. We are like alternative health city where i live and there are literally hundreds of chiro's between his house and my chiro. My chiro knows how he is and knows much of his seedy past and was so shocked to walk into his office and see him. When we got divorced 5 or 6 of the office staff (large office, multiple practitioners of different types) came up to me to tell me how much they hated him and were so glad i was free and how glad they were that they wouldn't have to see him. I am just glad we haven't run into him anywhere.

I can't imagine how he would try to talk his way out of this to a judge now. "oh yeah well i didn't see them for multiple years but i am a good guy." I dont have an RO and havent for a year. I have sole legal and sole physical but he could text, email, or call me to inquire about the kids or ask to drop bday gifts with me etc. Not a peep.

I will probably heavily edit this soon so please don't quote.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
WHat a shameful way to behave. What a horrible man! I am so pleased/happy for you that you are free of him now! Let's hope you two never cross paths!

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
I saw my xh's car parked outside my massage therapist's office a couple weeks ago. I used to have nightmares my xh would show up at my church, and that every person he knew was connected to me, he would target with his charm attempts. It's such an invasive feeling to not be able to get away. It forced me to care less about what people think. But it still hurts sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts