Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get my 9 week old to take more than a few 20 minute naps during the day. She is a happy baby and does well sleeping at night so I am not complaining, but I need a break. Thank god for my Ergo and Moby wrap or I would get nothing done around the house. I have tried swaddling her, warming up her bed with a rice bag, laying with her...then sneaking out. We co-sleep and I am afraid she'll never sleep alone during the day. Help

·
Registered
640 Posts
I had the same problem originally...she wouldn't sleep for more than 10 minutes in her co-sleeper or our bed when napping. At night we had the same problem but it was b/c she originally slept with us and each time either my hubby or I would move in our sleep, she would wake up. I've managed to ween her off sleeping in our bed and instead she is in the co-sleeper right beside us.<br>
As for naps though, I resorted to the swing. It is a saviour for us. She falls asleep (when tired) and will stay asleep for up to an hour or even two (!). She starts off swinging and after 15 minutes of solid sleep, I'll turn if off and she just sits in it and snoozes. Also, the car works for her to fall asleep but she inevitably wakes up when I take her out of the carseat so I prefer the swing.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My boy won't sleep in the day without me holding him or laying down with him. We also co-sleep so I think he is just not used to not having a warm body next to him. Hopefully he will be able to go down for naps w/o me soon but as for right now I am loving it!! I have become really good at getting stuff done while holding him.<br><br>
I keep thinking about the swing idea but I don't want to invest in one when he will probably outgrow it quickly. Maybe I should check with some friends to see if anyone has one they aren't using!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I definitely found sleeping in the sling was helpful to increase those day time naps. Nope - don't get as much done, but babe slept more and that was good. Also put a hot water bottle (covered in blanket) right next to her in the co-sleeper during daytime naps helped to simulate that warm body.<br><br>
We are working on sleeping in the co-sleeper more, which she'll do for 1 nap during the day and usually one stretch during the night...chaibaby, how did you wean her off co-sleeping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts