Mothering Forum banner
481 - 500 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I did a bit of black friday/cyber weekend shopping. I've been getting gift cards with the $1's I've saved up and that really seems to help. I've also been cleaning/decluttering incase we decide to move in february. The owner seems to want to abandon a formal lease in favor of a month-month which I am not comfortable with.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Just swinging by to say 'hi' and happy holidays. I've been watching what I spend and how I spend for xmas. I spent some $$ on shipping but that was planned (6-8 boxes total) and some cards.
I also and working on taking inventory of what we actually have vs what we need and what we dont use. Ex: the xmas tree is shot after this year, lights are not working properly, its a sad thing, So out it goes, do we want to get one off of major clearance, wait until next year or skip the tree all together and find a different way to display the ornaments which is really what we enjoy with lights? I found a way to combine all the greeting cards and recycle some boxes, realized again I don't really need to buy cards this year YEAH! and I'm good on [email protected] and shipping supplies for 2019. I have plenty of wrapping supplies. We got a new ottoman and trashed the broken ones New end tables for the bedroom and trashed the broken lamp/table combo. I've been watching for sales/free shipping/ coupon combo's etc.
between xmas and the new year is when we look at closets/clothes etc and make a large run to the donation center. I'm still in limbo about the lease, child support court and a few other things.
I also had major facial reconstruction surgery a couple weeks ago and the recovery is super slow, like so incrementally slow I can't even tell. I am very tired and only have a couple good hours a day. Dental/facial surgery is extremely painful- the pain that leads to find out there is a problem is excruciating, and the pain after the problem is resolved is a different type of pain.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and is finding some fun things to do

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am TOTALY going to start this Jan 2019. All I needed was some encouragement and push and you ladies are doing JUST that for each other so WOOOHHOOO!!! I am excited and looking forward to saving money!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
[/QUOTE] I also had major facial reconstruction surgery a couple weeks ago and the recovery is super slow, like so incrementally slow I can't even tell. I am very tired and only have a couple good hours a day. Dental/facial surgery is extremely painful- the pain that leads to find out there is a problem is excruciating, and the pain after the problem is resolved is a different type of pain.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and is finding some fun things to do[/QUOTE]

I hope you feel better sooon and recovery takes a turn for awesomeness!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also had major facial reconstruction surgery a couple weeks ago and the recovery is super slow, like so incrementally slow I can't even tell. I am very tired and only have a couple good hours a day. Dental/facial surgery is extremely painful- the pain that leads to find out there is a problem is excruciating, and the pain after the problem is resolved is a different type of pain.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and is finding some fun things to do
I hope you feel better sooon and recovery takes a turn for awesomeness!!!

481 - 500 of 539 Posts