Mothering Forum banner
501 - 520 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Day 344 - I purchased $150 of stamps. Stamps are going up next year and I use more then that for B-day cards & just sending cards...:thumb

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
I am TOTALY going to start this Jan 2019. All I needed was some encouragement and push and you ladies are doing JUST that for each other so WOOOHHOOO!!! I am excited and looking forward to saving money!!
Hey! Welcome. I will keep going if you want to join me. I have learned that I can keep myself in check if I post here.

Let's keep this thing going.:grin:

·
Registered
49 Posts
So before I get set going in Jan .. let me make sure that I am clear … we are tracking every day expenses and trying to limit them to the minimum or zero . really. Does this also include bills because I know some days when I don't spend NOTHING I have bills set up to go out from my account. Will those count as my expense for that day?

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
I only count wants. But it is up to you what rules you set. We homeschool so most stuff for the kids don't count at all.

Day 345 - $0.00

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Finished wrapping presents (no money spent on supplies- seriously the elves can stop over if needed). Everything is out under the tree.
I've been in pre-new year declutter mode. Again, limbo about the lease, do we stay, do we move- pros and cons to both but either way we have way too much stuff. Kid is looking for FT programming job so if that comes through we def can move. I managed a couple trips out to the recycle bin (wrapping leftovers, shipping boxes, packing materials etc) and random decluttering (expired pantry items, bathroom things, etc) for a bag full. There is a toy donation at the grocery store until tomorrow so I have a couple things I can drop off and a food donation as well- again a few things I can take up there this afternoon.
The artificial tree is dying a slow painful death so that is slated to go out after the holiday. Since kid is currently working at the grocery its simple to recycle the plastic bags and packing materials.
We are really jam packed in here (6/7 years) and we need more space- its really 2 adults in a 2bed 1 bath condo. We need a 2nd bath and a proper full laundry room,(not a stackable in the bath) an attached garage and really a 3rd bed or an office/extra living space. This condo is great but I moved with w a 12 yr old and nothing to my name. Now I have an 18yr old and more things then ever imaginable for this space. (books. legos, art supplies. electronics, we both are at univeristy on line - masters and undergrad which takes space/time/energy- i have quite the collection of yarn) its amazing what you collect over 7 years and what you are NOT willing to part with.
We have to declutter the broken electronics for recycling as well. It all sounds so 'major' but really doesn't make a dent in the amount of stuff. Plus that load santa just dropped under the tree- useful and purposeful items but still- more things (lego sets, video games, postcards for a swap club kid is in, stamps for those postcards, special socks kids likes, dvds, bathroom products that are $$ because teenagers).

Tomorrow we are headed north to see a gingerbread house display, that means 2 hrs each way into the mountains, lunch out and *I* get to visit the yarn store. Im hoping for a pleasant day and calm. i want to be home before dark so leaving early is the plan.

Waves to Nazsmum- Hope you are doing well!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
really over did it this weekend, im exhausted, tired and just need to rest today. we had a blast but this just reminds me how slow i need to go and how i need to plan activities.
I have a few things left to do before the holiday and then a huge list for after the holiday.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I seem to be jumping right past xmas and into declutter mode. Thats ok, cleaning up prior to xmas only makes for an easier week before new years (when the dumpsters are totally full and overflowing). Also managed to get both FAFSA's done last night for kid and myself for 2019/2020. Little things that always back up on the never ending list.
I got us tickets to the botanical gardens luminaires nights for next sunday- a splurge because its $35/each but its artsy, quiet and time with kiddo. We are probs going to the movies on xmas- kiddo wants to the the RBG movie "on the basis of sex" and again, any time with kiddo is a huge bonus so I'm all for that! Maybe typical single mom meal at dennys!

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
baking, cooking, cleaning up- major distraction techniques being deployed here.
made kid brownies and fudge in the past 2 days. my anxiety is going full force. i am ready for xmas to be over- it seems like the stores have been celebrating since september and my brain has finally said 'enough'.
I have a couple errands and an appt tomorrow.

501 - 520 of 539 Posts