Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Long story, I weaned my DD at 5 months after struggling with IGT.  She forgot how to latch pretty quickly and never asked to nurse.  Fast forward to now, she's 22 months and has been showing a lot of interest in my breasts and in nursing, like she will pull up my shirt and take my bra off.  For the past few days, she has actually been latching on and nursing for a few seconds, then saying "Milk?" </p>
<p>Of course I am thrilled about this because I have been quite upset about not being able to breastfeed.  I assume she is noticing her daycare friends' mothers nurse them and is curious about it.  I would like to encourage her to continue and get serious about nursing for comfort.  She sucks on an empty bottle or pacifier most of the day.   But I'm not sure what to do- I don't think I will want to put in the effort required to relactate because I've been down that dead end street before.  BUT, if she realizes there is no milk, will she give up?   I offered the other day with my old lact-aid full of strawberry kefir, but she saw that little tube and got very turned off to the idea.   It's like breastfeeding is a brand new concept for both of us.  Anyone heard of this before and has a good idea how to get her to start really nursing instead of chewing on pacifiers? </p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts