Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We started PL my dd at about 17 mo. We stopped for a month when she was 18 1/2 mo because she'd gotten embarrassed about an accident. Now, at 22 mo's she's diaper-free during the day and only wears a diaper at night and for naps. She rarely has accidents.<br><br>
But the problem is, she tries to delay naps and bedtime with a LOOONNGG potty sit before going to her room. Usually, she'll pee and poop. Tonight, she didn't (and I didn't think she needed to). But if we tell her after 15 minutes or so that it's time for bed, she throws a fit and says she's still pooping. How can you argue with that?<br><br>
What am I supposed to do about this? Honestly, won't she get hemmorhoids by sitting there so long?! Not to mention, I'd rather read her books on her rocking chair than on the floor in front of the potty! What's a mom to do?!!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I'm sure not an expert here, since my dd is only 12 months old, but I would try telling her that you'll read to her in the bedroom when she's done. She can read to herself on the potty, but you are going to be waiting in the bedroom. That way there's incentive to finish up and come to you. It seems like that will help her make the decision to finish if she's really just stalling.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Oh I get this all the time and my DS is a graduate from EC! lol...He will ask to use the potty when its time to get dressed! - Only of course to stall it. But, its actually easier for me to put clothes on him (though fighting! lol) when hes sat on the toilet! lmao But how can you say no?!...Heaven forbid they really need to go and you refuse them when all this time you have been offering them the place to go!<br><br>
My only suggestion is like one above. Give them something tempting to go to. But I honestly dont think there is much else you can do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts