Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>For the past few nights, DS has either taken an hour+ to go to bed or wakes in the middle of the night screaming for his "drink" and when I try and give it to him, he pushes it away. then asks for it again over and over again. Finally I started asking him if he's hungry and he says yes, so I go and get him food, and he refuses it again. He knows what he wants it seems but can't seem to communicate it to me. Then I thought, teething? tummy ache? So as a last resort I gave him some ibuprofen, and within minutes he was asleep. Teething tablets don't seem to be doing anything, and I can't figure out what could be bothering his tummy. Finally after fighting with me for about 30 minutes today, I laid him down in his toddler bed and told him he needed to take a nap( up until this point I've laid down with him until he's asleep at bed and nap time, and he's been sleeping in our bed). Honestly, he fought it and I had to take him back in there a few times, but it only took about 25 minutes total to get him to sleep. Quicker than I expected. Hubby and I are both just tired and frustrated and I sort of want him in his own bed soon anyway since we have another LO on the way, due in May. Any suggestions or BTDT? Any idea why he's asking for something then refusing it when it's given to him? Oh, and I just weaned him about 3 weeks ago, but he seems to have adjusted fine to that and doesn't even ask for it anymore.</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts