Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Alright so here's where we're at.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DD is 23 months. I've stayed at home with her since birth and within the last 7 or 8 months have started working really part time. I mean I'm gone like 2 hours a day maybe 2 days a week. When I'm gone, hubby is home with her. She has stayed with our family a few times for hubs and I to go out and she has lots of playdates and we venture out quite a bit. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>She's recently entered this phase and it's intensified in the past week or so. She's gotten really specific and attached to who's is who's. I usually sit in one chair with her when she wakes up from nap and now she think's that's mama's chair. When we have company come over or when papa sits in the chair she has a bit of a tantrum saying, "mama's mama's". She isn't just like that with my stuff though. If my mom comes over and uses a cup dd will talk about it being grandma's for weeks.</p>
<p>This falls in line with her just being extremely picky about things right now. She wants something done her way and when it doesn't happen she melts. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>She's going through something for sure, her sleep has been horrible and just wants to know we are there. She wakes up every hour and asks for mama and takes a little while longer than usual to fall back asleep. When I am home with her she's really clingy and melts if I need to put her down to make dinner or something. And if mama and papa are both home, well forget it papa, she only wants me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>With all that said, she's a really happy kid, she plays well with others and is pretty easy going for the most part.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Is there some sort of milestone that happens around now or is the 'terrible twos'? I don't think she's teething. She is a horrible teether and it lasts for months so anything is possible, but this feels different somehow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, maybe I just needed to vent. I feel like between her being so clingy during the day and only wanting mama on top of no sleep for weeks now is pushing me to an edge. I feel really snappy with her and then I feel bad for getting snappy....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>any thoughts or similar stories? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

·
Registered
317 Posts
<p>I'm afraid I can't share a similar story but I wanted to send hugs and a hang in there. Although I haven't gone through this particular situation my DS at 2.5 has gone through his share of weird phases that just needed to be waited out. Patience, patience, patience. And try to sneak in extra sleep for yourself any time you can. That helps a lot!</p>

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<p>thanks mama. I have to remind myself that this is a phase and there is another side to it but that's so hard when I'm in the thick of it and just completely exhausted on all levels.</p>

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
<p>My son went through a similar phase around 2 1/2 years old.  He's almost three now, and although he does get weirded out when someone  sits in Papa's chair, he doesn't throw a tantrum about it anymore. </p>

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
<p>Exactly the same!  DD has to name everything as belonging to someone, even sorting the laundry and shoes saying "Mommy, Daddy, Baby" and putting it in piles or who it belongs to.  She even has to know who BOUGHT her each item of clothing.  I actually think it's cute if sometimes annoying.  The big issue is, like you mentioned, only wanting Mommy.  Sometimes I just have to leave DH and her downstairs and I can hear her screaming "Mommy, Mommy" over and over again and crying.  It's hard but I need space too.  If I'm out of the house (I am a SAHM mom too but I go to the gym 3 nights a week) she is fine with DH and they have fun, but the second I walk through the door she pushes him away and runs to me screaming "MOMMY!"  And it's a case of the "Mommy-s" for the rest of the night.  I joke I'm going to change my name.  I know it's a stage, and I think it's common.  Hugs.</p>

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
<p>Oh, and we call her "the hip attachment" because she makes me carry her around and won't let me put her down.  I find the Ergo helps cause then she's still attached but I have my hands free to make dinner, etc!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts