Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(I know this is a phase and very typical toddler behaviour but I'm going crazy and need to let it out somewhere besides on ds!)

Ds is almost 25 months and is driving me crazy! (Okay, okay, I think it's part him, part the pregnancy hormones but the combination is really not working for me.) He's clingy, needy, whiny, has huge screaming fits over the littlest things, wants to nurse constantly (more like knaw constantly really), won't stop touching me...and the one hour of groping-nursing-screaming-before-sleeping thing - argh!

I feel like we're in a bad cycle - I'm sure he feels that I am pulling away from him because I have no patience right now and that just makes him cling harder. I'm yelling way too much for my own liking. I think I've said 'no' in my stern mommy voice more times this past week than I did in the two years before that. I have no energy to find positive solutions. Dh is stressed and he and I have been arguing more and more recently and that affects ds too. I feel like I spent two years working on our 'attachment' and now I'm killing it in a period of a few short weeks...

*sigh* This too shall pass......right?

Anyone else?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I hear you momma
We went through the similar thing when dd was around that age and I was 7-9 months pregnant. What helped was having the baby and getting all the oxytocin from nursing to calm me down...lol. I'm mellow now, even if my dd is not. And she is getting much better too. So, it is a stage (as I'm sure you know, but sometimes need to be reminded - it feels like it will last forever when you are in it!).

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Yeah. My son is the same age and the master of cling/whine these past few weeks. And it's all about Mama. Mama cuddle, mama play trains, mama milk, mama carry... No one else will do. I am feeling mamaed out, to be honest. I was very excited to have my once-a-week class last night because it meant I didn't have to put DS to bed.
:

This morning he had a melt down because we were on our way out the door and he noticed that I was wearing boots but he was wearing shoes. We had tears and "Wear boots! Wear boots!" most of the way to school.

·
Registered
41 Posts
my daughter is 25 months, and I am two months pregnant... AS SOON as I found out I was pregnant, my milk completely dried up, and my girl is not too happy about that... She is looking for extra love, which I am happy to give, but I can't get her to stop crying when she wakes to eat in the middle of the night... I have taken to bringing a cup of water to bed with us...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrunchyMamaToBe View Post
Yeah. My son is the same age and the master of cling/whine these past few weeks. And it's all about Mama. Mama cuddle, mama play trains, mama milk, mama carry... No one else will do. I am feeling mamaed out, to be honest. I was very excited to have my once-a-week class last night because it meant I didn't have to put DS to bed.
:

This morning he had a melt down because we were on our way out the door and he noticed that I was wearing boots but he was wearing shoes. We had tears and "Wear boots! Wear boots!" most of the way to school.
Have you been living in my house? This describes DD, exactly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.