Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am probably the only one here without a car seat yet, but I read on another forum that you get 25% off a new carseat at Babies R Us with a trade-in of a used or expired seat. Our Britax is expired, so we are trading it in for the same one (the Roundabout).

OK. I just checked their website, and you can trade in other items, too: high chair, stroller, whatever.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
OK, I am probably the only one here without a car seat yet, but I read on another forum that you get 25% off a new carseat at Babies R Us with a trade-in of a used or expired seat. Our Britax is expired, so we are trading it in for the same one (the Roundabout).

OK. I just checked their website, and you can trade in other items, too: high chair, stroller, whatever.
That's a great deal.

As much as I loved our Roundabout 10 years ago (it was absolutely the best on the market when my oldest was born), I wouldn't get another one. Too many other seats have better features now. The Roundabout doesn't fit (most? any?) babies at birth and then is outgrown too early. I'd really recommend looking for one that fits infants better, has a higher rearfacing limit (even the AAP recommends rear-facing to age 2 now) and a higher overall weight limit with higher top harness slots -- like the First Years True Fit, Sunshine Kids Radian, Graco MyRide or Evenflo Triumph Advance.

(sorry for the unsolicited advice...Do with it as you wish!)

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am embarrassed to say that I didn't really research this time around. I am going to look up the ones you suggested. Thanks again! Luckily, we were too lazy to go today -- maybe tomorrow!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ella-makes-3 View Post
I can't find the radian?
I am definately going to BRU though.
My stroller is dead!
Looks like they sold out already... sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.