Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I literally woke up with a cold! Yesterday I had a sore throat, but it was coming and going, now here I am all sickly and sounding awful! Talked to my midwife and was allowed a Teaspoon of dayquil- reasons why- I live on the east coast, and it's a polar vortex here and my car decided NOT TO START! :) The worst part is I live up the road from a walmart, but I cannot walk there because it's on a highway! Anywhoo- I have some little things that have been working! I thought I'd share!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>One- Riccola Lemon & Honey, I always have these sitting around! My husband is a smoker trying to quit and when he wants a cig for some odd reason a Riccola helps him avoid the cig. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Next- Just tons of tea and water tea and water- helps flush out the crap!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>LASTLY- and this is odd, but just slice and onion in half, and put it on your chest and lay down! ITS AMAZING!!!! and eat a salad with mostly onion and garlic! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone have anything to add!?</p>

·
Registered
399 Posts
<p>Yes!  Raw garlic and cayenne "tea".  I basically take a mashed garlic clove, pour hot water over it and sprinkle in some cayenne.  When it's cooled enough, I chug it.  <br>
I've even gone a little nuts and added honey to it before.  Makes a far more drinkable tea than you may think.  <br>
Sprinkle some oregano in a pot (like soup?) if you think you can handle it, but be warned it's very, very strong so don't overdo it.  May be better with the garlic and cayenne and such, but the tea is a good way to make sure it gets in quickly.<br>
I like the onion on the chest idea.  </p>
<p>I love that you're figuring out what to do with what you have at home.  That's how I prefer to address things at first.  Let my first "medicine cabinet" be the kitchen!  Looking forward to learning more in years to come.  </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts