Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else not experiencing any Braxton Hicks with a 2nd pregnancy?
My midwife seemed to think that was somewhat unusual at my appointment yesterday and told me to start taking evening primrose oil and Dr. Christopher's reproductive health formula at 35 weeks to start toning my uterus.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
I have had them a lot, but when I started taking rrl is when I started getting TONS of them.

I don't know if it is that you are not having them, but they might just be mild, or maybe you are busy and don't notice them?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
I went through a spell where I just didn't notice them or they weren't as frequent. I mentioned it to my MW and she was concerned. After that though they started like crazy. Red Raspberry Leaf tea is a good uterine toner and like Debi mentioned you will probably notice them more. Also I wasn't standing a lot so I didn't notice them as much. If you stand for any length of time you will probably get a couple.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I have the Red Raspberry Leaf tea, but haven't been drinking it much. I bet if I made it into iced tea I'd be more likely to want to drink it in this hot weather.
They could be very mild and I'm not noticing them. I'm pretty in tune with my body though, so it seems like I would have noticed at least one.
I asked my mom and she said she never noticed them either, so maybe it runs in the family or something.

·
Registered
12,662 Posts
Does she think it's odd because it;s your 2nd pregnancy? I never had any with my first. I was 41.5 weeks along 75% effaced and dilated 2 cm, and my OB was stunned I hadn't had any BH at all. But I hadn't.

This time with the second I have had some BH.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i only get contractions of any type when i've physically overexerted myself or gotten VERY dehydrated. so i've only had them a handful of times this pregnancy.
my last pregnancy i went into false labour about a million times and got contractions pretty regularly the rest of the time.
maybe i'm getting them but can't feel them... who knows?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autoemesiss View Post
Where do you live? My in-laws just came into town and I just started having major amounts of BH.

I send them over to you!

Well, I just spent a weekend with my MIL you think I would have had some then.

I'm actually not to worried about this. I figure everyone is different, but I was just wondering.
Thanks for everyone's responses!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Oh man, I'll send some of mine away too! Yesterday I had them ALL DAY. Anything I did: stood up, sat down, had to pee, took a pee, walked around, climbed stairs, felt thirsty, drank a glass of water, cooked food, layed down... Everything I did was accompanied by BH and also, baby was kicking like the dickens! Related? Anyone think that baby moving can kick off BH? Anyhow, I'm trying to think of them as a good thing, but I'm actually starting to get annoyed! I second (or third) the recommendation for RRL, though I'm currently limiting my own intake for my sanity!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.