Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is baby #3 for me, and I've never felt so weak in my second trimester as I do now!! I am 15 weeks along, and was wondering what I can do to help this feeling. I eat regularly and take prenatals, but any suggestions on specific foods/snacks or herbal supplements would be appreciated.

· Registered
1,032 Posts
Sorry to hear you feel so cruddy! This is pregnancy #1 for me and there have been times (in the 1st and 3rd/ current trimester, mostly) when I felt weaker than I ever have in my life... it's a very strange feeling! Can't imagine being that way with a kid(s) already

I did find that eating a ridiculous amount of protein helped me somewhat - like, 3 eggs in the morning, a proteiny smoothie after lunch, etc. I still get very tired and that weak feeling but it doesn't seem to be as intense or hang around as long.
Also, avoiding sugar (which I am still struggling with!) and refined carbs and grains, particularly before the evening, seems to help. When I can do it
My iron was low and I felt it in a big way. Taking an iron supplement has helped though I don't think I was even that anemic. I also started taking vitamin D3 and that seems to have helped too.
Lots of things add up to a slight difference. I wish I could say I felt a big surge in energy returning but... some days and times of day are better than others. Good luck!

· Registered
490 Posts
How is your BP? It is typical to have a BP drop in the 2nd trimester. If you have a fairly low baseline this BP drop can leave you feeling off, weak, light headed.
Make sure you aren't anemic.
Stay well hydrated. Eat good quality protein and complex carbs. Stay away from the simple sugars as much as possible (advice from the woman sitting here in Dove Chocolates)

· Registered
342 Posts
Floradix - it's a wonderful iron/herbal supplement that is easily absorbed. I'm in my 3rd trimester and I've been taking it for three days and am already seeing an improvement.
And yes to the PPs. The BP dive can leave you feeling pretty bad, but it's a sign of a healthy pregnancy to get that dip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.