Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we've been in the 2ww since Sunday. Monday night DH says there is a good chance he's being laid off. Tonight it's official, Dec 23 is his last day where he's at. Obviously what's done is done. I want to cry, he loved his job and is really good at it. And the company is making a really lame decision to let his team go because they think that they can just find replacements. Well they could put new bodies in those seats, but they won't have 4 years experience with the companies products and software the way he does. It's just not fair at all. I know the last thing he needs right now is to feel any pressure about the 2ww, but I feel like we're knocked up. He cares so much about what his family thinks about him, and I am worried that if we're pregnant and it takes a while for him to find another job they will be very pushy. I want him to be happy where he works, not just take whatever job comes up to get his relatives off his back. But, it's scary, not having that extra safety net there.

This is not how I imagined that perfect 2ww at all. So I just need a few selfish minutes to mourn not having nothing but blissful excitement while waiting for enough days to pass before I could test. When I get home, it will be all about DH and what he wants and needs, like it should be, but right now I need to say, this is not fair. I wanted better.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
: just... take a deep breath. Stressing won't help anything. I know it's very hard not to, but it's harder to fix things when stressed, and if you're preggers it's even less productive to be stressed.

Remember... everything happens for a reason (it's my mantra at least) perhaps this was a way for your DH to find a better paying job that he loves just as much if not more?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I'm so sorry about this. I had a really upsetting thing happen during my first 2ww that threw me off kilter, and it was miserable.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Im sort of aware of where you are.... When I got pg my DH left me a week later... 4 months later I was laid off and no one wanted to hire me because I was pg... I made it without ever being late on any of my bills or payments by the grace of god... and no I didnt have a savings to cover me... well I guess you could say I did but my DH (now stbx) stole all my money.. yes stole, long story... at any rate my point is no matter how rough times may get you will always get through it and have what is most important, family. hang in there, know that it does get better.

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by organicpapayamama View Post
Im sort of aware of where you are.... When I got pg my DH left me a week later... 4 months later I was laid off and no one wanted to hire me because I was pg... I made it without ever being late on any of my bills or payments by the grace of god... and no I didnt have a savings to cover me... well I guess you could say I did but my DH (now stbx) stole all my money.. yes stole, long story... at any rate my point is no matter how rough times may get you will always get through it and have what is most important, family. hang in there, know that it does get better.
: some men give all men a bad name

I'm sorry to hear that

·
Registered
4,169 Posts

We have a ton of experience with recession unemployment over here, and y'know, it sucks every time. It's big and awful and scary.

I think you have exactly the right attitude concerning your husband's job - it needs to be a good job, the right job, or he won't be happy, and that's a huge amount of stress and pain for your family. This is the kind of situation where you just have to do a lot of standing by your partner and cheerleading.

Also, where you look into unemployment benefits, COBRA for insurance if necessary, and whether you have anything cluttering up your house that's potentially eBayable.

In regards to the two week wait: Babies come when they come. Take deep breaths until it's time to test. It might be that your husband thinks this possibility is a joyful thing even in this stressful time, so find out about that before you stop burbling to him about it. Ask how he feels about this, and then try and go with it.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Well, if you have to be there for him, we will be there for you! We are still very happy and blissed out that you may be pregnant. It all works out. We were in grad school for our first one with no money and it all worked out okay-we even found a fabulous midwife who gave us 1/3 off. So hang in there!

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I'm so sorry you are going through this in the 2WW. I also just found out on Friday that my job will be cut very shortly and I am in the 2ww. It's a very stressful wait and it sucks to have this weight on you while thinking you are pregnant and worrying about everything.

You will make it through though pregnant or not. Life keeps moving and so will you.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'm sorry to hear about his job. My advice is to not tell his family if you are pregnant. No reason to add stress to the situation.

Laura

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.