Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2yo dd won't play with other kids, its always "mama, mama, mama!!!". I'm a SAHM, now also 5 mo preggo. My dd can't stand it if I'm in the room and I want to just have a conversation with another adult. She likes the playground, but doesn't interact much with other kids. I HATE IT now that even at playgroup I don't even have 5 minutes of dd free time where she could play with otherkids. I play with her all the time. She's ok with other adults, grandparents, etc., but other kids, NO WAY!
I'm so frustrated now. Yesterday we met a couple of small kids and their moms at the beach, and she only wanted to play ball with me and started crying and fussing when I asked her to kick the ball to other kids.
I'm out of patience with this clingyness! She's always been super-attached, fearful of moma leaving, and for the most part I've accepted it as normal. But I get really jealous now when I see other kids, younger and older than her, JUST SIMPLY PLAYING together!
:
Argh!

What can I do???

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sorry your so frustrated mama
I also have a 2yr old that is very clingy, (but i love it) But just know its a phase she's going through and she will grow out of it, my oldest dd went through the same thing but she'll get independant(sp?),, then some day you'll wish she was that little clingy girl again cuz your baby is all grown up and doesn't need ya so much
My oldest dd is now 14yrs and never wants to be with mom "its like so embarrasing", and i know thats also a phase so our childrens lives are a series of one phase after another, then they're adults
Be patient mama you'll get through it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My ds is really clingy also!!! He only wants his mommy! If dh gets his attention and gets him to play with him in the floor and I get to leave the room for a minute, as soon as i come back thru...it's momma, momma, momma!!! He's only 14 mo and I usually enjoy the attention, but sometimes it would be nice to have a little mommy time! Everyone says it's just a phase, so I guess we should enjoy while it lasts!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.