Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
First off...SLOW DOWN!!!!!

I know it is a lot to take in! A few questions:

Did your ped or an allergist do the testing? If you haven't seen an allergist, PLEASE do so!

Have you seen a reaction in your child from any of those foods? If not and you know she has eaten them, there may not be a reason to take them out of her diet. Allergy diagnosis based on testing alone is wrong about 50% of the time (meaning it is correct the other 50, but unless you have seen a reaction most good allergists won't ask you to pull them from your childs diet.)

How old is your child?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I am glad you got the Epi pens. It is an important tool to have.

If you haven't seen a reaction (or not in a while) I would be sure you tell the allergist that. If she has been eating eggs with no issue, many Dr's won't have you pull them. The cashews would make me a little concerned about tree nuts and peanuts.

FWIW, it is scary. It is a lot to learn. There is a HUGE amount of stuff to wade through with a diagnosis. But...you aren't the first Mom to have to manage these waters! There are a ton of parents out there walking this walk and we are surviving. Is it hard? Yes. Do we eat out? The kids, never. Is it our life, it is. We do the best we can and let them do as much as "normally" as possible!

I hope once you see the allergist that you will get a lot of answers and start finding your way through this muddled mess of food allergies!

Hang in there Mama!

PS: Not sure if you have already, but I would pull nuts out of your diet (as well as anything else you have questions about or pulling everything till you see the Dr next week).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.