Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been long suspected (family history, cold always turns into a cough, constant night bark, dairy and egg intolerances/allergies (to bo confirmed laster this month), eczema...) and just diagnosed by my Dr. yesterday. He's pretty supportive of our mostly-natural approach, so he gave us a choice between the traditional steroid/ventolin/puffer route, and Singulair (Montelukast). We're trying Singulair for 2 weeks, then going back for an evaluation. I am heartbroken about the daily drugs issue, but I want her to be functioning at 100%. She hasn't been able to sleep properly for almost a month now, due to this lovely barky cough.
I'm looking for advice from BTDT mamas. If your kids were diagnosed with asthma, what route did you go? What do you know about Singulair? It doesn't seem too bad, looking at the drug insert (but I take this with a grain of salt)/reading on the internet, but it's also fairly new, so I'm wary. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.