Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't nursed since February 28th. And I am STILLLLL making milk!! It's not a LOT (I don't get engaged), but it doesn't take much to express it. (I just try for the heck of it every once in a while, just to SEE.) I'm not overly bothered by it, and I'm not doing anything to encourage it. I'm just wondering how long it took other mamas?

ETA: I nursed for 27 months...if that matters!

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
I know a mom who's youngest is 12yo and she still can express milk. I hope that I can for years to come
Comes in very handy when dh hurts his eyes welding.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I couldn't nurse past 10 days. My daughter couldn't get milk out anymore, and I could hardly pump any. Not enough to be worth it, and it was less & less every time I pumped.

It's been early 2 years, and I still get the occasional drop of milk. I hate it, and hope it stops soon.

So yeah, it can take awhile.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Well my youngest sibling is 14 almost 15 and my mom can still express milk if she tries. When I delivered both times my mom experienced let downs as well
I teased her that she could feed my babies too. She thinks that her old milk would have something wrong with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.