Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend and i are going on a roadtrip and we need to fit 2 boulevards and a monarch in a car we rent. we would prefer not to get a minivan or an suv. we would really like something with good gas mileage.<br><br>
any suggestions are appreciated.<br><br><br>
thanks courtny

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
my minivan gets better gas mileage than my Camry did. Newer minivans have excellent MPG ratings and rental places usually have new ones.<br><br>
If you try to fit 3 carseats in a car, you are putting 3 kids all within striking distance of each other with no room for "stuff" or personal space. Just something to think about. I can't think of any car other than perhaps a luxury car (Towncar, Continental, Caddy SLS...) that will have a large enough backseat for the 3 seats comfortably.<br><br>
But those get worse MPG than a minivan.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
I would get a van, way more comfy than a car and MPG wont be as bad as you think. Maybe a Mazda MPV they are the smallest van.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
We fit three Britax car seat very very snugly in the back of our Jeep Grand Cherokee. Not great gas mileage, but we can't fit three in the back of our car (Mitsubishi Mirage).<br><br>
But I agree that a van would be the best way to go for a road trip.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I also want to add that if you do the math, a van with less than stellar gas mileage is still not going to be *that much* more than a car with great MPG. The numbers look big until you figure out how much $ that is in actual gas. It's not a big difference when youa re talking short term.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts