Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 boys. We decided to delay vaccination for all of them. The road has been hard. I literally almost got into a verbal altercation with a pediatrician for not wanting to vaccinate my 1 year old. I went in for a prescription for eczema and he was trying to talk me into getting vaccines. The things he said really made me angry.

I really feel passionately about this issue because I have a family member who received a settlement from a vaccine manufacturer. It was concluded in a court of law that the vaccine that my cousin was given as a toddler did cause his autism. My aunt received a measly $50k. I'm sorry but seeing what she went through with him you could not pay me $1M to have that happen to my child.

I am almost to the point where I do not want to vaccinate at all.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
I have 3 boys. We decided to delay vaccination for all of them. The road has been hard. I literally almost got into a verbal altercation with a pediatrician for not wanting to vaccinate my 1 year old. I went in for a prescription for eczema and he was trying to talk me into getting vaccines. The things he said really made me angry.

I really feel passionately about this issue because I have a family member who received a settlement from a vaccine manufacturer. It was concluded in a court of law that the vaccine that my cousin was given as a toddler did cause his autism. My aunt received a measly $50k. I'm sorry but seeing what she went through with him you could not pay me $1M to have that happen to my child.

I am almost to the point where I do not want to vaccinate at all.
I used to feel the same way, the more people were on my case to vaccinate, the more I wanted to say "no!" Eventually I had to ask my self what I really believed was the right choice for us, outside what everyone was telling me. For my family, that meant I decided to vaccinate. For others it might mean something else.
For the record, my autistic son was 6 before he got his first vaccine. He's almost all caught up now and he has had absolutely zero increase in symptoms. It's anecdotal, but if it makes you feel better that's what matters. :)
If you have any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts