Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My baby does this cute thing--I'm sure all your babies do too, after about 10 weeks--where he'll interact by smiling, sticking his tongue out, blowing raspberries, etc. He does this to me, to my husband, to my dad, and to his godmother. We don't get this all the time, but at least once per day, maybe for 20 minutes or so. It's so great--and it makes all the crazy late nights getting spit-up on worth it!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But, for the past few weeks, he's also been doing this while looking past my right shoulder, sometimes. It's literally like he's making eye contact with someone right behind me. He even seems to be "taking turns" in an interaction! </p>
<p><br>
I've heard that babies can see angels or spirits or that kind of thing, and I've never remotely believed in anything like that. But still, it kind of makes me wonder. Do any of your babies do this? It's adorable, but kind of creepy.</p>

·
Banned
329 Posts
My dd is 10months and just recently started "talking to her angels" again. The trippy part is that she only does in certain rooms. It used to be the lvrm but we just moved and now it's only in the bedroom. Wild, huh?!

·
Registered
208 Posts
<p>angels are one theory... it could also be that a 3 month old doesn't have great focus yet and he thinks he is looking at you!</p>

·
Registered
27,052 Posts
<p>We would joke that the ceiling fan (in the living room) was dd's best friend and that the bedroom ceiling was telling her jokes because she'd lay there and giggle and babble away. </p>

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
<p>Around that age DS used to follow things in the room...invisible to us things...with his eyes. I was convinced it was spirits, but DH proposed the idea that he was following lines that were there, like the corner of the ceiling or the edge of the quilt on the wall, light patterns, etc. I still believe babies and children can sometimes see and communicate with spirits, but obviously that's just a belief and I have no idea if it's true or not.</p>

·
Registered
178 Posts
<p>I remember my LO doing that exact thing at 3months too!  While I was holding/rocking her in the chair in our living room she would look over my right shoulder and smile and giggle.  She would pause for awhile and then smile and giggle again.  The first time she did that, I remember being freaked out because I figured that my husband came home early and snuck in the house...but when I turned to see what she was looking at, no one was there. </p>
<p>She did it every day for about a month.  She always looked at the same corner.  When she would stare I would turn the rocking chair slowly and her head would turn to make sure she stayed focused on that corner. I recorded it once and it freaked out my family.  She doesn't do that anymore though.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not a big believer in "ghosts" but...</p>
<p>My aunt and I were best friends and she was living out her last days while I was preggo. She would always say that she would fight to stay here on earth until I had my little girl...although she didn't meet my little girl (she was in a different state)..she did get to see a picture (via pix message).  She fought so hard..and 2 days after my little girl was born she passed away.  :(</p>
<p>I couldn't help but think that maybe that was my sweet aunt showing my LO some love. :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>crazy!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts