Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past two days or so we've noticed that ds's poopies smell off, a little unpleasant. Tonight I changed a poopy diaper that had no seedy curds in it. There was plenty of poop and everything else about it was right, color, texture, but it smelled not-so-great and had no curds at all.

He's been having lots of gas, though that is far from uncommon. He's been very nursey the past 2-3 days. He is happy and alert, etc. On one hand I want to think that this may be an oversupply issue (we've had a problem with that but have recently had it under control)...maybe we're out of whack again. But when that has been the case previously there were always seedy curds, even when it was green or watery or whatever.

Ds just turned 3 mos old. We bf ecologically. Also, I think that either a) my fertility has returned or b) I may be pg. I had two days of light bleeding last week (one day of old, one day of new blood) about 10 days following some "action". Could this be a dip in supply, as I read in another post? Af didn't return until 23 mos pp after ds #1, so this is unfamiliar ground for me.

It has always been my understanding that the curds indicate that the baby is a) getting enough hindmilk, and b) digesting them properly. So what does it mean if there aren't any?

Also, how serious is this, cause I'm a bit worried right now?

Anyone? TIA

x-posted in bf forum

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
First of all, let me tell you that if your child is still gaining weight, the hindmilk/foremilk issue isn't that serious (at least from what my lactation consultant tells me). Also, my three month old has very ... for lack of a better term THICK BMs. They are yellow (rich yellow, almost dark mustardy colour) and not seedy... I guess I'm not much help, but I know he's okay... Hope this helps you a bit, anyway...

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
sounds like normal baby poop to me. If baby is gaining weight and doesn't seem ill, try not to worry about what his poop looks like!
Mine very rarely has those lumps in her poopy diapers, and she's gaining and healthy as can be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.