Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin had a baby 3 weeks ago (4 weeks on Friday.) Her bleeding had slowed down and she was wearing just a panty liner.<br><br>
Then on Monday she was working in her kitchen and felt a "gush" that totally soaked her pad. She had done 3 loads of laundry that day, she lives in a condo and it requires going all the way to the basement to use the washer/dryer. She lives on the 3rd floor. I told her she had probably just overdone it that day and to rest. It happened again and she called her midwife who said the same thing I said.<br><br>
Then Tuesday morning she had another big "gush" but this time it soaked through her pad, pants and onto her bathroom floor. Also there were clots. She went to the doctor and they said everything was normal but took a blood sample.<br><br>
Then the same thing as Tuesday happened again today. Called her doctor who said they think it is normal but scheduled an u/s for the morning. She is debating if she should go to the ER when he husband gets home. She has been unimpressed with her midwife/doctors handling of the situation.<br><br>
Also background on birth is that she had a natural birth (drug free). She had some issues with bleeding after the birth and had a small internal tear.<br><br>
Has anyone been through something similar? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Could be normal, could be retained membranes trying to make their way out, could be that she is doing too much too soon. Hopefully her doc will give some answers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts