Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd turns 3 in 2 weeks. she has been potty trained for 6 months or so. my husband has been letting her wipe herself (for pee, of course). and in the past few days she has had little accidents on her way to the potty. sometimes i will take her to the potty and when i put her on i notice her undies are damp. she now has redness on her labia and she says it burns when she pees. is this yeast? uti? any recommendations? of course, she has her well-child appointment on thursday, so it would be great if i can get this under control before going there. my doc isn't exactly down with all the natural things we are into (no vax's, no circ, no meds, etc.), so i don't feel like being judged even more.
thanks!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sorry, but what do you mean by fatty cream? should i try an antifungal? we are getting a ton of snow right now and i cannot for the life of me find the Lotrimin cream! but if that sounds appropriate, i will go out and get some more.
:

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
Just use some oil. Olive oil.

Rub it in a bit.

No, don't use antifungal. Nothing like that. Just any cream you use for your hands. Anything at all.

Try a little dab and make sure it does not burn more. Olive oil is pretty good, it does not burn at all.

By fatty cream I meant like NIVEA, that's what we always used back when my kids were little, (30 yrs ago) but it is not natural. I would use olive oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.