Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister-in-law has a 3 year old who used to be an awesome sleeper. He was in his own room, and would fall asleep on his own within a reasonable amount of time. Due to a new baby in the house, he had to move into a shared room with his 2 older siblings. Since that time, getting him to go to sleep has been ridiculous. He climbs on dressers, pokes the other kids (who are sleeping), takes all the clothes off the hangers, and anything else he can do to avoid going to sleep. They have a very consistent bedtime routine. Any suggestions for a very tired mama would be much appreciated. In the short-term, one older sibling may get moved out of the room.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Sounds like he may be acting out. He might be jealous of the new baby getting all the attention and HIS room. I don't know if moving an older sibling out of the room would make any difference. If he is upset, he is probably having a hard time expressing it.

I would really explain to him that the new baby needs his room because it is quiet, etc. Was his moving rooms talked about beforehand or did it just happen? All suggestions I am coming up with are all about what would have been done before the move.

Hopefully the dressers are tethered to the walls so no accidents can happen. I would add child locks to the dresser drawers and closets. Add a night light, lovey, things to make the child feel comfortable in the new room.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.