Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>My 3 year old has always had sleep issues. For the last couple months, he has been waking at around 4am about 5 nights a week. He won't go back to sleep despite my best efforts. I'm thinking it might be because DH gets up for work at 4:45am. Regardless, I'm not a fan of waking up that early. He goes to bed about 7pm (trust me, he's ready at that time!). Any advice on getting him to sleep a little more? I've heard of sleep clocks like <a href="http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536615&cmSource=Search" target="_blank">this one</a> but don't know how effective they are.</p>

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
<p>Wow.  That's got to be hard. The only think I could think of is to move his bedtime later.  I know he probably needs it and you do to but maybe if you did it gradually...like a half an hour at a time. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>My 3.5 year old always wakes up around 7;30 which I think is early on a weekend.  Lately, I've been setting him up with snacks and a dvd and then I get to go back to bed.  I think it really depends on each child but my son does really well...he's very independent. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>good luck</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts