Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd just turned 3 and man she is a handful this past week. She seems to be transitioning from naps to no naps, but the thing is that at night when it's time for bed she becomes a lunatic. She's bouncing off the walls, hyperactive. I'm guessing she's too tired, but it's frustrating because I end up having to really get firm with her in order to get her to put her pjs on, have her snack, during the day she's so easy

does anyone know how much sleep a 3 year old really needs?

It seems that no matter whether she goes to bed at 8pm or 10-11pm she wakes up at 8am. I suppose I might need to just start putting her to bed earlier. Any insight/experience with this?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by USAmma
I realized one day that she was turning into a great manipulator. That she really didn't need that extra cup of water,
Darshani
Boy can I relate to that! Her big thing now, is after 5 minutes of the lights being off "mommy I need some water". Then I turn on the light and it takes her 20 minutes to drink her water. I'm on to her though.
Anyway, I feel the same as you, I am finding this past 2 weeks I am getting seriously frustrated because without the naps, i get NO time to myself to just sit or read or do whatever becuase she's going to bed so late, by the time I get her to sleep, I'm going to bed too, then I go to bed angry.

To top it off, she sleeps with us, and she's been getting up 5-6 times/night and wants to nurse. I'm going to night wean her because I am so seriously sick of nursing and it's become totally negative for me. She's 3 and I don't feel she needs to nurse anymore. Last night she didn't sleep more than 1 hour at a time without needing me to come over and cuddle/nurse her. ARRGGGGHHHH.
:

I need to do some changes here. DH is off for a week after today so I'm going to enlist him to help me with the night weaning and maybe my sanity will come back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.