Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi moms! I’m new, desperately begging even for some/all/ANY advice!! My 3 yr old daughter is the sweetest, kindest, sharing, caring, loving little girl you could ever meet. But now, I think her being so sweet is hurting her & I don’t know how to help. She has a couple girl frnds around the same age. some she’s known since birth, others we met recently. I first noticed things were changing when we went to a bday party & her long time bestie was there. At a playground, we were late. Her bestie already playing w another girl. We walk up & my daughter see’s her friend & immediately runs to see her like ANY other time. But this time, her bestie wasn’t interested in her. The two other girls wldnt share the toys they had. I watched from a distance. My babe kept trying to sit on the bench w them, they didn’t want her too & pushed her down. She tried for some time, confused I’m sure. Ran over to me crying, not understanding why since we just played 2 days ago w her. I talked w her about it, eventually cheered up again & things moved on. Ever since that day it has progressively gotten worse. First it only happened w this girl. I thought somehow it turned into a “thing”. Friend wld play w her then run off w another friend, when my daughter tried to join she wld tell her NO go away! Really mean. Leaving my babe in tears, Crying in ths corner. It was bothering me. I tried everything, in the car to an event trying to prepare her (play w everyone!), ive listened & supported, told her when that happens to go play w other friends! I’ve even walked her over & tried to help lighten things up w the kiddo (i love all the kids- all my close frnds kids). But it kept happening- and honestly it’s heartbreaking to watch!. So I stopped going to functions w that friend, her mom is my good friend. She just says, they’ll work it out. When I want to tell her so badly is to go talk to her kid! Or it will never stop!? It’s a game of chase now, they play, them she pushes her away & my babe is constantly chasing after her, play w me. Sad! I don’t know why this happened but I’m also seeing it a a new neighbor girl. Different but similar. Neighbors girl is great, but when it’s time to leave, my daughter has a complete meltdown wanting to play still, almost begging her to stay. It’s awkward. And when my daughter is around these frnds she won’t listen to me at ALL!! Now I’m constantly talking with her about frnds, not crying. When it’s time to go her frnd isn’t crying! Almost like she’s NVR going to see or play w them again. Last night. Another great example. At a wedding, she was a flower girl w her bestie. Everything great. Then bestie & boy riding scooters & the boy stopped so my D said is it my turn- and he tunes & said NO I’m waiting for her! I saw my girls shoulders slump, she plopped dwn right there in tears! My hubby & I walked over, listened, encouraged & truthfully even told her she needs to toughen up a bit & stop this. To hear ur 3 yr old crying saying “he doesn’t like me now mama either, why don’t they want to play w me”. RIPS my heart out! What do I do? What am I doing wrong? Is she obsessed w frnds? I can’t just watch this happen to her any longer. It’s truly hurting her. Has anyone else gone through this? Does it pass? Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
14 Posts
She's not obsessed its just that she still a kid and having a playmate is really for them. But if her playmate is hurting her then keep away your daughter to them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts