Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am haivnga time with my 3 rd she started a fever this evening not sure why. No other symptoms. I am worried what she might have. She has been sleeping since about 9 p.m i have been giving her remedy from my homeopath. I am eally worried and sick from my nerves. she is unvaxed by the way so i fear mennigities or an other VPD.

Any one else get like this and worry i sit here and say gosh why didnt i vax her WHY WHY WHY. I have foughtt his choice since the day she was born its very very hard for me to be a piece with it and worse for me when she is sick.

Amy

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
keep her hydrated. Why are you thinking the worst? Trust yourself and your baby's body's ability to heal. we use homeopathy also. What are you giving her?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Her remedy is chamomilla but we did give some belladona last night after talking to my homeopath. She is just laying on the couch looks at me like shei s drunk. She will talk to me and look at me but just so darn tired. I just dont knoww hat she has and i am so worried.

Amy

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
The meningitis 'home' test is if she cannot bend her neck/head down to her chest without screaming or if she can't even bend it down at all then it's a good possiblity. If she can move her head and neck easily and/or without any pain it's probably not meningitis. Also the fever is usually pretty high, what temp does she have?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she is 102.4 she has no other symptom well she did throw up a couple times last night and 1 time this morning. I have gotten her to sip water and take a luke warm bath but that fever wont budge and she will NOT take motrin or tylenol.

AMy

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Have you tried wet socks? I never have myself but I have heard it mentioned here before. Also will she at least take a popsicle? If she gets dehydrated that fever will not go down much and fevers dehydrate kids faster, I'm glad she is taking water at least but she needs fluids. Sounds viral to me, maybe tummy flu with the vomiting.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
she dropped fever yesterday during the day a bit she took a good nap. it did come back last night to 103 or so. I sponges her and did give her 1/2 tsp of motrin i had to i am exhausted from being up i continued to sponge her and give fluids. SHe is up and about this morning and seems ok but we will see i dont think it is over yet.

UPDATE:: Well she is back laying down fever is back a bit. gosh it seems to go up and down up and down. I can say this is the first time homeopathy hasnt done much for her. I pray she gets better i am exhausted.
Thank to alll who have replied.
Amy

·
Registered
961 Posts
I know how scary it is when your kid is sick.

Just try to remember that that fever is NOT what is making your dd sick.. the fever is doing its job to help her get better. I know this sounds wierd, but I always tell my sick child why they have a fever..and tell them to rest and let thier body work to heal itself.

Lots of pampering, holding and loving work wonders, too, I think.
I have done the wet sock thing on myself a couple of years ago when I had a fever..I wanted to see if it worked.. my fever drop by about 3 degrees in about 20 minutes. My kids will have nothing to do with wet socks on their feet, though

Take a deep breathe and trust that perfect little body to do exactly what its suppose to...But trust your gut, too..if you think she's NOT handling the illness well then see a Dr...

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
If the fever goes away within the next day or so and then she gets a rash it was roseola. I know with that the fever flucuates up and down and they are real sleepy. It's just a viral thing. Fluids and rest are the most important things right now. If she starts acting really sick or you can't get the fever to go back down you might want to get her checked out for peace of mind.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Browing this forum because my 4-year-old DD has a fever and diarrhea, so health topics are on my mind this morning as I prepare for another beautiful summer day hanging around the house . . .

Could your DD have strep throat? My oldest DD started getting strep when she was 3. It's common in late spring. For my DD, it starts with high fever, headache, total lethargy, sometimes vomiting, no appetite for ANYTHING, and the sore throat comes on almost as an afterthought.

Big clue for us: the blinding headache that comes with a strep fever, and the weird smell of her breath. I've gotten to where I look at her throat at the first sign of fever, and if it's red or spotty, off we go. Knowing an adult who had a heart condition as a result of untreated strep, we don't mess around with this. Fortunately, big DD seems to be outgrowing it, now that she's almost 8. She's gone more than a year without an episode. When she was younger and in preschool, she had it twice a year.

Keep us posted. I hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
went to Dr and he said its viral doesnt look to red at all he said its not strep thank goodness. She is sleepingn ow.

Amy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts