Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY there East bay mamas
--my name is Laura and I live in the east bay... I'm looking for some other east bay or SF mamas to hang out with--under thirty years old...
Most of the moms I meet through mother's groups, etc. are in a different world than we are and it would be really nice to hang out with some other mamas and their kids during the day. (thirty is kind of arbitrary, but I don't know how else to put it--really any mama in the east bay that is younger at heart and wants to respond please private message me
)

I'm 28 years old and have two boys, 5 and 2.5... we are expecting number three to arrive in December. I love hiking, making art and reading books. My 5 yo loves trains (esp. thomas) and is reading now (he loves books)... My 2.5 year old loves bugs, flowers and trains, too... He really likes to paint and play in sand.

Today we went to the bay area discovery museum, although we try to do most things for free--we try to do a weekly outing to a museum or habitot, we also like to just hang at totland or at the beach...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello,

I am moving from the Central Coast to the Pleasanton/Livermore area in a month and a half. I have a 6 month old DS, and would love to find some friends. I am 27, and am going to be a stay at home mom. I am not sure how close you are to this area, but I would like to meet up after we move if you are close.

Tomi

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi there,

I'm in Hayward, almost 27 years old. My son is 20 months old now.
We go to the park a lot, he's so active, but haven't taken him to the zoo yet, might have to there one weekend.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am in Fremont with my first -- a six month old girl. I am 29 and currently a stay at home mom, so we have lots of time to play with. It would be great to get a playgroup/coffee clatch going with some AP minded, young families. We certainly aren't the norm in the bay area by having babies before our 35th birthdays, so I know it is hard to meet other Moms with our life experiences.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Have you tried the East Bay Meet Up group? They have some younger mamas who get together fairly regularly

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EVC thanks for the tip. Now I've got this head cold/sore throat thing
: I think I'm gonna lay low at least through the weekend. My guys have been playing really well together and we've been purging tons of stuff getting ready to move (cross our fingers!).

Does anyone with younger kids need a baby bjorn big potty (about 4 years old--so the style is slightly different than they are today) ? We are doing some mega cleaning and as my little guy potty trained at 2 (praise the cloth diaper!) he really needed the little potty.

I also have a nice Moses Basket (I don;t know where the mattress went...) that is looking for a nice home. You would have to make/buy a mattress, but it is in really nice shape. We used it with 2nd ds but with our space being so limited, I'd like to see it go to a home where it will get some use.

Both items are FRee to a good home

Let's plan on meeting up next week somewhere maybe? We're in Alameda... pretty open to anything (I haven't driven at all this week so I
ve saved up lots of gas credits!)...

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey there bay area folk, so we're currently in the process of moving but what is everyone doing Friday? Does anyone want to meet up? East Bay or SF?
:
:
:
: or something like that...

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am down for an east bay meetup. Let me know. My hubby has my car this week because his is on the fritz, so I need to plan. I am in Fremont.

Chrisitna

·
Registered
144 Posts
Did anyone meet up? Is there anyone on the Pennisula that wants to go t othe fair this coming up week? On Thursday it is free until 3. I was thinking about going. My 2 year old has been talking about cows a lot and I thought it would be fun to go and see them. And I haven't been to the fair in years!

·
Registered
112 Posts
hey, im in fremont and would love to meet up.. i dont have a car durring the day though so the loc would have to be close to bart. Im 22, with a 7 mo old little boy. Oh, and im a little on the mainstream side just so you guys arent shocked!

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Panthira
Huh, I feel kind of left out in this area, but I'm 36 so I guess I can't really be a part of your meet-up.

Panthira, not at all! Don't feel that just because you are a certain age you have to 'act it.'
I didn't really want to exclude anyone--I just wanted to see if there were young minded mamas in the bay area (does that make sense?!)

I would really like to meet up but we are in the middle of moving--with 2 kids and I'm 20 weeks preggo so I am kind of flaking out of meeting up this week.
I feel like such a dork, trying to get together and then not making it! ARG...

Things will be less crazy for us(this is what I tell myself!) next week. We'll be moved, I just have to do some cleaning in this place and then my big kid begins kindergarten. So my little guy and I will love to hang out. ...

so bear with me!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi! I'm in Albany, and I'm a super-young mama for this area. I'm 22 with a 4-year-old daughter and TTC #2. The moms around here are nearly twice my age, so I often feel out of place. On the rare occasion that I do meet other young moms, they usually aren't into AP/NFL. I would love to get together with some like-minded people.

~Ellen

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Ellen! I know what you mean about meeting other moms who are closer in age and still AP. I didn't think that the age thing would be that big a deal at frist, but then it was really weird for me, meeting all these parents who were ten years older than me. We could talk about our kids and stuff, but there was never that real connection between us--it was all about our kids...

So although I am way too busy to really be arranging something like this for the next few weeks, I just know I am going to need a chance to get out and sit down and sip some tea... so I wanted to see if anyone could/would want to meet up at:

http://tumbleandtea.com/

another mommy in the east bay just posted about it and it looks like a good place to relax. The major down side would be the cost--I think there is an fee for the kids in addition to whatever you buy. But I am all up for calling and seeing if we can get a discount if there is a specific member who is interested and cannot afford it (after moving and all this, who know, it may be me
). Just pm me and we can discuss.

It is in Oakland in the Temescal neighborhood... I'll be available on Thursday of next week which is... the 24th... Time can be flexible between 8:30 am and 1pm... So is anyone interested?!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I'm due in with our first baby in January 07. I'm 24 and would love to get together sometime.
We're in North Berkeley.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I would come. We haven't been before, and it doesn't sound to expensive to check out. we'd stay until noon (naptime).

1 - 20 of 82 Posts