Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't realize when I was first starting out that I would end up tryign to CLW. I guess I just got to a point where it's been so long, why not continue? Why should I stress myself by trying to wean her before she's ready when it's not bothering me and it's certainly not bothering her?

That being said, I'm now 13 weeks pregnant and my nipples hurt so bad and I wasn't getting any sleep that I"m excited that she's starting to wean a little on her own.

I know that technically as soon as they start taking solids a child is weaning, but when you have one that loves her "jug juice" as much as mine, sometimes the end never seems in sight. (don't get me wrong, I love our nursing relationship)

I'm not completely opposed to tandem nursing, but I must admit that i"m relieved a little that DD has cut back on night nursings. I have even been able to get her to go to sleep off-breast two nights!
That may not seem like much, but for 32 months, she has only fallen asleep either on my breast (usually flutter sucking until I unlatch her) or in the car. Very rarely she has fallen asleep in someone else's arms after much protesting (if I'm not there for some reason). I'm talking naps too. She also has cut out her 3-4am nursing which she has done since she was born.

I know that this still means that she nurses more than a lot of little kids, but with as sore as my nipples are
: I'll take whatever I can get. In this case, it means a little more sleep for me and a little more of my body to myself while I sleep.

·
Premium Member
19,789 Posts
How exciting for you!

Being able to get a bit extra sleep will be great for you both, I'm sure.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts