Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Hi, I'm due Feb 29th</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Last night I woke up with a terribly sharp pain, like menstrual cramps only way more intense.  It doubled me over.  I drank loads of water and lay on my left side.  It faded.  I got two more pains just like it, very sharp, below my belly button, and then faded. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I thought that was the end of it. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then today after napping a lot of the day I get up to make dinner and I get another sharp menstrual pain in my lower abdomen...so intense I could not move and had to lean over a chair.  it lasted several minutes.  At this point I realized I needed to call midwife and she recommended I go in to the hospital to get premature labor ruled out.  She told me these pains were not normal. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I'm about to leave for the hospital right now, but before I go I was wondering what this sounds like to people here?  Has anyone ever had pains like this so early on (34 weeks)?  Do you think I'll have my baby early?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ok, gonna go in right now to get checked...thanks for any responses. </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
785 Posts
<p>I haven't, but just wanted to wish you luck at the hospital. So sorry you are going through this.</p>

·
Registered
395 Posts
<p>Could you have kidney stones? when i was pg with ds I had similar pain that turned out to be stones... sharp and sudden, intermittent. </p>

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Urine test came back clear. I had a few contractions on the monitor but they weren't severe and I could hardly feel them. My cervix was checked and I was not dilated. So they sent me home and said that the bad pains were caused by the position of the baby...<br><br>
Hope I don't have any more bad pains like that until I'm at least 37 weeks...

·
Registered
785 Posts
<p>That's great everything came back clear, but I second what the other poster said about kidney stones. A good friend of mine just had the same thing happen to her and she was very late in pregnancy when it all started. Maybe worth a check if it happens again?</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts