Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TMI, but looking for advice : Starting yesterday morning I woke up with hours of diarrhea which brought on lots of pressure down there and menstrual like cramps. The only thing that made it better was warm baths. It lasted most of the day, then towards evening I felt ok. Woke up to the same thing this morning - tons of pressure, cramps, diarrhea that lasted a few hours, warm bath fixed the pain mostly. Still pressure. What in the world would cause this? Is it pregnancy related or a random thing? Anyone experience something like this in pregnancy? Thank you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate it! I called the midwife and I'm waiting to hear back. I'll either be seen today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yes, definitely see your provider as that could be a sign of labor. However, if it's not labor it could be a stomach virus or something like that. I had something similar much earlier in my pregnancy, and it was likely a virus but my doctor ended up wanting a stool sample just to be sure it wasn't something that needed to be treated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, ladies. I'm seeing the midwife at 11:20 today. Still feeling crappy ( no pun intended. ok, maybe a little). I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good luck -- think you made the right call seeing your midwife... I remember a few times in my first pregnancy having unexplained diarrhea like that. It freaked me out a bit at the time but turned out to be nothing so I think it could be a normal part of hormones fluctuating (in combination with your baby probably dropping) or, of course, could also be an early sign of labor (FWIW I didn't get this as an early sign of labor -- no nausea/vomiting either). So best to get your cervix checked just in case because as someone else pointed out 34 weeks isn't typically a disaster but it's definitely not ideal... you'll want baby to cook a little longer if at all possible!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She checked me and said I wasn't dilated, but cervix was soft and squishy (sorry) and he has dropped and his head is super low which is why I'm feeling so much pressure. She didn't have a good reason for the diarrhea unfortunately, just told me to take some Imodium. So - no good answers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts