Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can help me. My 35 mo has been nursing since birth. She now nurses when she wakes in the morning (most of the time), to go down for her nap (almost every time), when she wakes from her nap (sometimes) and to go to bed (usually) but these past 2 weeks or so, she is getting more and more...whats the word...cant think of the right word...different I guess, when we go to nurse like usual. I ask her if she wants some milk before her nap or bedtime and she will be all cuddled up to me with her head on my breast and say no. but she still wants to lay her head on my breast and snuggle for a long time. She TOTALLY acts like she wants milk but is almost too tired or bothered or something to actually have some milk. So now she is starting to skip milk and is having a hard time when she doesnt have any. She is very cranky during the day when she misses. Today was the first time she refused when she went down for her nap AND when she woke up. Those two times missed made her SO cranky and me SO engorged. (even with my 9mo still nursing really well) So I am now left wondering, what is going on??? Anyone have any similar issues or can explain what may be happening with my daughter? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
That sounds like weaning to me. But she could keep nursing sporadically for a long time, or go back to nursing 4 times a day, you never know!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Wow, hard to say. I guess if you keep offering and she keeps refusing it is weaning at this age? It seems she has a good understanding. Have you asked her more about it? Maybe she has a sore in her mouth or something?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts