1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
I've read in several places that those with seizures should avoid vaxes. I think it comes down to nearly all the vaxes have a chance of seizure and they figure if a child has had them before they won't know if it's caused by the vax or not.<br><br>
FWIW, did you know that Hep A in children is nearly always so mild that they're not diagnosed?<br><br>
-Angela

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
First of all, Hep A is not scary. Hep C and to a lesser extent B are...<br><br>
About seizures, I think the idea is this:<br>
Seizures create "seizure neural pathways". You can imagine it like this...<br>
Imagine your brain is a plate of wax...imagine tilting that plate slightly and pouring a stream of boiling water down it. Little "rivers" will form where the wax melts. All hot water poured down the plate will tend to find the previously formed rivers, reinforce them, and create new ones related to them.<br>
This principal can hold true for everything from seizures, to political beliefs, to religion.<br>
In the neurological science of seizures, it's called the "kindling theory". (google it)<br>
It's still a theory, but it's been proven in laboratory animals that if you create seizures, other seizures are more likely to follow from lesser stimuli than the initial induced seizure, and sometimes spontaniously.<br><br>
Generally, though, in neurology, you're not considered "kindeled" until you've had 3 seizures, at which point you're a full blown epileptic.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Yup, this is why some docs (most should ask this) ask if there have been any seizure activity or neurology issues. Those kids should be extra careful in vaxing.

·
Premium Member
16,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Hep A vaccine is ridiculous for children. They want to vaccinate children because hep a is normally SO MILD in them you don't even know they have it, then they are immune for life. However, because they are asymptomatic, they are considered "silent spreaders", and THAT is the reason they want to vaccinate them, to protect the adults who have more obvious and sometimes longer lasting symptoms. Hep A virus does not lead to chronic problems like Hep B may.<br><br>
I have a huge word doc on Hep a and the vaccine as I have been watching this issue for several years now, following along as the vaccine was licensed then slowly forced on the unsuspecting public. If you would like a copy, please PM me. You will see what a joke this vax is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts