Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my midwife came over with my new doula (she includes a doula and her's quit) Anyway, they were here a lot longer than usual but I think that's because they're trying to find out what I like. Oh and they walked me into doing a belly cast to give the new doula experience. I didn't want one, but I guess if I can help her.

Oh the baby has decided to move which told me was why I was having such bad heartburn! Her head is sort of on my right hip. We've been working hard to make sure she isn't posterior and now her head is out of my pelvis. She thinks there might be something with my pelivs so she reccomended I go to a chiropractor. I'll admit I'm afraid of those people from what I hear about and I didn't really want to go but my midwife informed me that it would probably help with the heartburn. At this point I will do anything to get rid of this crap! I feel sick all the time and am still throwing up.

So, I made an appointment for Friday. The lady was funny though because how far along I am but hopefully she can help. Thankfully she is only $35 an appointment too and I'm hoping we can do a few sessions. I really want her out of my chest and I don't want to have to deal with this posterior crap.

Anyway, all in all things are good. I'm at 165, 25lbs so far. My blood pressure was great, lower than it's been lately. I'm measuring 36cm (I asked because you all keep mentioning what you are and I never think about it) I have the "just in case" bag and I think next week she will bring my birth supplies and the tub. I can't believe I'm this far along!

Everyone else was posting about their appointments and I was feeling left out

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
Hmm, my chiro was very reluctant to adjust me...said he'd only due my neck.

I had the hip thing monday and did the inverted pose on spinning babies, which seemed to help. Baby is still posterior but I feel better. might be worth a look.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Good luck! I havent seen a Chiropracter ever, but with the pains etc I have been having this pregnancy I probably shuld have...but both my husband and I are the same and feel not so good after hearing some things about them.

Hope all goes well and your heartburn gets better!

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Sounds like a great appt. I never saw a chiro until I had hip/SI joint problems after dd2 was born. My adjustments during pregnancy haven't been a whole lot different and I think the few I've had in the last couple weeks have helped this babe turn from breech/transverse to head down. Not to mention getting rid of the hip pain.

She is certified in the Webster technique and also has special pediatric training. You can look up on icpa4kids.org for someone in your area w/ peds training and likely they work with the mamas as well!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ladies. I did tell her on the phone I am afraid of Chiro's and she said what she does is very different than what you hear about. my doula said it's more like different kinds of stretches. I'm hoping it will help. I can totally tell she isn't down anymore and am hoping she doesn't decide to turn breech!
I checked myself this morning and discovered I can't feel my cervix anymore, so there's no pressure down there. Which is great and everything, but I'd rather have the pressure than the heartburn and being able to breath!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Chiropractors rock, but you gotta get a good referral because as with every profession, there are good and bad practitioners. You will definitely want to look into getting regular adjustments after the baby (and for the baby after the difficult entry into the world!) because your relaxin hormone may allow your joints and bones to settle into improperly aligned positions, which after the relaxin leaves, will hold, sometimes until you get pregnant again and get more relaxin back into your system. It leaves at about 3 months, so you may want to have several visits before then. I have a friend who gave herself carpal tunnel after doing excessive gardening following a miscarriage since she still had all that relaxin in her system. But do make sure you get a good referral, one who does Webster is an excellent start. I plan to have my baby adjusted in the first day of life (my friend is a DC)!
Hope the treatments help!
JJ

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
I saw a chiro during one of my pgs, for sciatic pain, and it was more stretches -- I expected her to be popping stuff back into place, it wasn't like that.

There was a thread here not too long ago about what to do for good positioning -- pelvic tilts were one, making sure you don't lean back/slouch was another... I can't remember what else.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the suggestions ladies.
I actually went yesterday and she didn't point out anything I didn't already know about my body, like where I hurt. She did an adjustment at the end and I actually haven't had as bad of heartburn last night or today, so far. She said my pelvis was off, the middle of my back was off and my neck area. Hopefully she will help get everything where it should be. She thinks it might be from a car accident I was in December 2000 where I was in the ICU for 3 days. I wouldn't be surprised. She just figured it's gotten worse with each pregnancy.
I have another appointment on Monday.
Brisen, I actually have been doing all the right stuff but obviously it's not enough

levismom, We did talk about coming in after the baby is born, because currently she's going to "treat and street" me
She just wants to help get my body in as good a shape as she can before hand and then help with other stuff after. I guess we'll see how it goes!
Oh yes and she had two of her babies at home. I thought that was cool. Obviously why my midwife recommended her.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.