Mothering Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well technically TOMORROW is 36 weeks but still..

Baby has moved down lower, I have had bloody show, diarrhea, back ache, mixed contractions and am dilated to a 1-2 ... So given all of those things I am thrilled to have reached 36 weeks
I am sure I have another week or two to go but it is nice knowing that if I DO go into labor now that everything should be ok

· Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm with you! I'm 36 weeks plus 1 day and while I haven't had any bloody show and have no idea if I'm dilated, I'm excited to be in the homestretch. I compared my 34 week picture to my 36 week picture and there has been a TON of growth. This baby is getting BIG!

· Registered
782 Posts
Whooo hoooo!
: 36 weeker here too as of monday. I am soooo excited. I told DH, "You know as of late next week you have a full term pregnant lady in your house." He looked kind of scared lol.

I know I still have 4 weeks to go but just knowing that possibly it could be sooner gives me hope lol.

I think baby has moved down a bit as well. For the past three days I have been able to breath as well as no kicks to the ribs. But I am still having major major heartburm (in fact it is worse now than it has been through the whole pregnancy, which is pretty bad) and also I don't have the feeling in my pelvis that she is pressing. So I think she still has a little room to move down in there.

We did it ladies, we are finally at the end of our pregnancies.
:

· Registered
2,038 Posts
I thought 37-40 weeks was full term, not 36? My birthing center won't even allow me to birth there at 36 weeks. Our insurance won't allow transfers of providers after 36 weeks. Are your doctors saying you are good to deliver at 36 weeks?

· Registered
1,539 Posts
36 weeks isn't considered full term in California for homebirth, but 36 weeks plus four days is! Three more days and I'm good to go for my homebirth.

· Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
I thought 37-40 weeks was full term, not 36? My birthing center won't even allow me to birth there at 36 weeks. Our insurance won't allow transfers of providers after 36 weeks. Are your doctors saying you are good to deliver at 36 weeks?
Even though it isn't considered full term My doctor would not stop my labor and wouldn't transfer me to a bigger hospital. I deliver at a very small rural hospital.
I do NOT want to be transferred I think it would probably be nothing short of a nightmare so 36w is a very good thing for me

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by firewoman View Post
36 weeks isn't considered full term in California for homebirth, but 36 weeks plus four days is! Three more days and I'm good to go for my homebirth.
Lol. Yes, that is close enough for me to call it 37 weeks! I round a lot anyways.

· Registered
2,107 Posts
I'm 36 weeks +1 today and SOOO happy about it! I'd really like to go until about 38 weeks but I'm just so relieved to have made it this far without signs of Pre E yet. We had our homevisit yesterday and our MW said that things are looking good and I'm really starting to feel ready finally. I was "ready" before in that I was done with the PG related aches and pains etc but now I really feel ready for my homebirth!!! I'm sooo hopeful and excited about that prospect!
:

· Registered
834 Posts
Yay! How exciting that some of us are getting so close!

I will be 36 weeks on Tuesday, so I am pretty close too. I am guessing I will go around my due date again though. I can definitely tell that she is getting bigger, and I am going to the bathroom more often. I can't tell if she has dropped but, I don't think so. DD1 never really did, and DD2 did, but not until the day I gave birth (and then it was VERY obvious). I'll be interested to see when/if it happens this time.

· Registered
2,938 Posts
congrats, ladies! at 36 wks, i stop all meds and bedrest so i'm looking forward to that little milestone myself. i only have 19 days!!! and if i do the induction...only 26 days until then!

· Registered
2,038 Posts
I'm jealous of you being so far sometimes. I am only 32 weeks. But then again, I don't want to be any further along either. If I am any further along, hubby has a greater chance of not making it in time. He is already cutting it close and has a chance of not being here in time as it is. So I should be grateful that my "due" date is the last day of the month.

· Registered
321 Posts
36 weeks here too!! I can't believe how quickly this summer has flown by! Now I can just say that my due date is the 5th instead of having to say October 5th. That's just crazy! I know the next few weeks will just zoom by!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.