Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From everything I've read or looked up, this means she's getting too much foremilk. She had normal yellow/seedy bm's since the meconium passed, now its been green for two days, and she has been nursing constantly. At first I figured she was just going through a growth spurt, now I'm wondering, is there something going on with my milk. I've been drinking Mothers Milk tea since she was born, a couple cups a day. What can I do?
I don't think I have a oversupply or fast let down.

·
Registered
469 Posts
have you eaten anything different that you haven't since she was born? she could have a reaction to something... just don't freak out about this... my LO has green bm when i eat too much soy. i thought it was pecans at first!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Same thing happened with my DD around the same time. I started feeding off one side only in 3 hour blocks and the green poo went away (I heard mixed reports on whether or not green poo meant anything bad or not, but DD was not altogether fine, she did seem to have more gastric discomfort too when the poo was green).

Even now, 2 months on, if I offer her both breasts for every feed then the poo goes green again. I think she's a bit of a snacker. She always comes off the breast pretty quickly, so I think the foremilk/hindmilk thing is a slight problem for us.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Totally normal.

As long as your baby is nursing on a side until she is done than everything is fine. I would only be concerned about to much fore milk if you were limiting how long the baby nursed per side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.