Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I have had my daughte ron a gluten-free, ddairy-free, nut-free diet since she was 6mo at the advice of a naturopath. They did a bllood test and she was positive for a sensitivity to peanuts, wheat, and all forms of dairy. Her health (and the health of her sister) has improved. Devin was dx with ashtma last week. They also did a full allergy panel that measured the IgC or something like that. SHe is a "0" on all food and substances except for cats. The pulmonologist stated she "outgrew" her food allergies but I am a little nervous to reintroduce these foods. Help, please.

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
What I did was put the outgrown allergy food in every four days. My reasoning was he was less likely to resensitize. I also used easier to digest forms (sourghdough and yogurt--that sort of thing) and enzymes but I don't know that was necessary. I wouldn't intro peanut to a previously allergic, negative on one bloodtest child. Sounds dangerous, even w/ an epi pen. I'm stunned an allergist suggested that! I might do an in office food challenge w/the allergist. She's probably eating trace tree nut. Most gf stuff shares lines w/tree nut. That's how my son developed an allergy to tree nut. However peanut likely isn't on the line.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
For the wheat, dairy, the odds are good that she might have outgrown it (according to the statistics). They still recommend introducing it slowly, cooked in something, and watching, don't they?

The peanuts I'd be more wary about. Aren't peanuts/tree nuts not as likely to be outgrown?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.